X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sidetwo
    started a topic (RESOLVED) Email issues affecting registrations

(RESOLVED) Email issues affecting registrations

This issue has now been resolved. If you have registered in the past you should be receiving an email with a link to activate your account. Any new accounts registered from now on will not have any issues at all.

It's been pointed to my attention that our email system on the forums hasn't been working correctly. This has affected several areas of the site, most importantly affecting new registrations.

This is now being looked into but if you have been unable to register an account on the forums recently please email me at community@remedygames.com from the email address you signed up with and I will be able to manually approve your account.

Please also note in the email your username you registered as well as it'll make approving the accounts much easier.

Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused and we will be resolving this issue as quick as possible.

Thanks guys!
    Last edited by sidetwo; 11-20-2011, 02:13 PM.

• Skip
    replied
    Re: (RESOLVED) Email issues affecting registrations

Originally posted by joukoRMD View Post
    Months? Wow, I'm really sorry about that (as it most probably was caused by something that I did)! And, at the same time, I'm really flattered that you did not give up.

This just shows that no matter how much you try to monitor your systems (and we do that a lot), it's never enough

- J
    Yeah, I would say it was roughly a 3 month period from August-Ocotber. I think the most frustrating part was not that I couldn't get the e-mail but that I couldn't get in touch with anyone to say "Hey, there might be a problem with the e-mail system." I tired all of the options given here: http://forum.alanwake.com/showthread.php?t=37, I even posted on the facebook page, and sent an email to Remedy Feedback . I understand how busy you guys are and have been so I wasn't really mad, just bummed. I figured it was a problem you guys didn't know about because I had other friends try to sign up and post (to make sure I wasn't going crazy) but they didn't have any luck, so I knew it wasn't just me. I didn't give up because I REALLY enjoyed Alan Wake and Remedy is such a great team/studio. I love that you guys are community friendly and you interact with us fans, even if we are crazy and annoying sometimes. It really goes a long way in my book...

Leave a comment:

• joukoRMD
    replied

Originally posted by Skip View Post
    Oh man, what a relief. I was trying for MONTHS. I literally tried every option possible. I thought I was going crazy lol. Thank you for resolving this and again, its great to finally be posting on here.
    Months? Wow, I'm really sorry about that (as it most probably was caused by something that I did)! And, at the same time, I'm really flattered that you did not give up.

This just shows that no matter how much you try to monitor your systems (and we do that a lot), it's never enough

- J

Leave a comment:

• MikkiRMD
    replied

I'm glad we got that sorted out -- it was one of those things where we didn't even know there was a problem, we just thought things were really quiet. =)

Leave a comment:

• Skip
    replied

Oh man, what a relief. I was trying for MONTHS. I literally tried every option possible. I thought I was going crazy lol. Thank you for resolving this and again, its great to finally be posting on here.

Leave a comment:

• jriley0035
    replied

Thanks for fixing this BTW. I've been scratching at my monitor for the last few weeks trying to post.

Greatly appreciated!

Leave a comment:

• WarDragon989
    replied

I thought I wasn't welcome ;( Thanks for fixing it

Leave a comment:

• joem1k
    replied

just got my email thanks !

Leave a comment:

• Orion1986
    replied

I had been waiting on the email for a number of days, but I assumed it would come eventually and it did. Thanks for your efforts, guys.

Leave a comment:

• sidetwo
    replied

Originally posted by TannosukeGR View Post
    There's also the other solution. You can try re-registrating with another e-mail. It happened to me 3 times, and I thought of changing my e-mail in order to try fixing this unsent e-mail.
    That wouldn't make a difference if the email system was down, like it was in this case.

Also it really is not ideal to re-register multiple accounts. The only other solution is to get in touch with me to manually approve it.

In any case this has all been resolved so registering a new account will work perfectly fine now.

Leave a comment:

• TannosukeGR
    replied

There's also the other solution. You can try re-registrating with another e-mail. It happened to me 3 times, and I thought of changing my e-mail in order to try fixing this unsent e-mail.

Leave a comment:

• sidetwo
    replied

Issue has now been fixed and all users who have been affected by this should now have received an email with a link to activate your account.

Leave a comment:

• TheJerkstore
    replied
    Re: Email issues affecting registrations

Originally posted by ADM View Post
    We've had it like that previously but it proved to be too time consuming. This issue shouldn't be a problem for too long anyway
    Oh okay, I see.

Leave a comment:

• sidetwo
    replied

Originally posted by TheJerkstore View Post
    I have an idea for you, ADM. You should change registrations to require approval in the AdminCP, that way you don't miss someone.
    We've had it like that previously but it proved to be too time consuming. This issue shouldn't be a problem for too long anyway

Leave a comment:

• TheJerkstore
    replied

I have an idea for you, ADM. You should change registrations to require approval in the AdminCP, that way you don't miss someone.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X