Notification when being quoted

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notification when being quoted

About a month ago you got a notification when someone had quoted you. What happened to that feature, why was it removed?

Re: Notification when being quoted

Short answer: It got very annoying, very quickly.

Long answer: Several people complained about it and that it got to the point that they weren't checking their notifications because they thought it'd just be about quotes. As such the actual notifications bar became less meaningful over time.

It's limited now to private messages and @replies (ie [MENTION=1]ADM[/MENTION]).

Comment

What a shame. Can't you make it so that the user himself can choose weather to have it turned on or off?

Comment

Not a simple thing, but who knows in the future

Comment

I'm sure you can do it, ADM. This forum is pretty impressive; if you built it, then you're certainly skilled.

Comment

Well, the notification system being ON/OFF would be a great idea, so that everyone woiuld choose if he/she wishes to be notified or not. It's a pity, Pete. You should reconsider it.
            The game can take you in a journey of fantasy, cause your mind is the creator of fantasy !

Comment

The ON/OFF system would be great if you can find the time to do it.

Comment

id like an on/off system if possible
                Watch out. The gap in the door... It's a seperate reality... The only me is me... Are you sure the only you is you?

Comment

Quite honestly guys this is beyond the amount of time I'm willing to put in. These forums aren't coded by me and really my time is spread thin as it is.

I will definitely look into it but it's going to be low on the priority list, unfortunately.

Comment

Like it as it is now. [MENTION=1]ADM[/MENTION]

Don't mind there being an option for those that want it otherwise.
                    Sarah Breaker > Barry Wheeler. Yep, I went there!

Comment

Working...
                    X