Welcome to the new community forums! *SOME CHANGES - PLEASE READ*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome to the new community forums! *SOME CHANGES - PLEASE READ*

There's a couple of changes you might have been noticing.

First up is the major reason for all these changes - we have moved to our new location at http://community.remedygames.com/! Please make sure to update your bookmarks to reflect the new location.

The reason for this move is we want to focus our forums on the company rather than one specific game. We had our Death Rally forums here for quite a while and it's more home at remedygames.com than it ever was at alanwake.com.

Secondly is the slightly new design. Think of it more of a refresh -- we had the old one for quite a while and since we've now moved to our new location we needed something to reflect Remedy. So I took the chance to bring in a new design with some slight tweaks to the old base we had. It's not a massive change but I'm sure you all will appreciate the wider width of the site.

We also have moved the community to a new server, so you may be noticing an improvement in load times and general snappiness - things should zip by really fast now.. faster than you can read!

Lastly is the addition of groups!

What are groups?

Think of them as mini forums dedicated to whatever you like that you are free to create and join! It's like when you were kids and you had your tree houses and in there you created the BOYS ONLY CLUB.. yeah you can do something similar here. Here are some examples I've created:

Game of Thrones, Xbox 360, Playstation 3, Max Payne 3, etc.

Those are only a few of the types you can create. Have fun!

You can access them through the community drop down link in the navigation bar or directly here.

That's it. As usual with these type of changes, if there's anything missing or some issue you can see please PM me.

• sidetwo
    replied
    Re: Welcome to the new community forums! *SOME CHANGES - PLEASE READ*

Not out of the box but I'll look into options.

Leave a comment:

• Morry
    replied

Looks great!

Pete, posts in the Social Groups don't seem to appear in the New Posts list - is there a way to add them in?

Leave a comment:

• djshauny1
    replied

Great choice to change the forums pete

Leave a comment:

• EvilEmperorZoRG
    replied

Great changes! It wasn't nice calling it the Alan Wake forums since Max Payne and other games by Remedy were also discussed here

Leave a comment:

• Mirror Peak
    replied

Finally, I've been waiting to make that boys only club for a while, started thinking it might never happen. Hopefully my mom doesn't wreck this one like she did the last time.

I am enjoying these load times thoroughly. Good work team!
    Last edited by Mirror Peak; 05-02-2012, 08:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X